Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Hello everyone,

I have very little time right now because I leave for my long field visit in about 20 minutes. It's about 7:30 in the morning here, but I wanted to at least post a short update, and, most importantly, I wanted to wish my mom and sister a very Happy Birthday yesterday and a very Happy 4th of July to all Americans at home and abroad.

The past week and a half or so We've been very busy with more training and language classes. Our days are always filled to the brim with classes, training, and activities. Luckily, we got yesterday off, and I was able to visit Asuncion with my host mom because she wanted to show me around. We went to the center of the city, near the River Paraguay to see the Palace, Cabildo, Pantheon of the Heroes, and a few other landmarks of historical importance. We also went to this restaurant called Lido Bar, which is right across from the Pantheon of the Heroes. The food was amazing. The empanadas were the biggest ones I've ever eaten!

In a few minutes, I'll be leaving for a long field visit along with the other 4 trainees that are in my Guarani language class. It should be a lot of fun, and it will give us an opportunity to visit the school and municipality in the town that we're visiting. A better post will be coming soon after I get back from the visit so I can elaborate a little more on my activities the past couple weeks. Until then, Hope all are doing well, and I'll post more pictures soon hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment